Welcome to Belied Outcast Legends. We’re honored you’ve stopped by. This website is an ever-evolving vision of our love for cryptids, creatures, and creation. Mel is all about horror and the macabre. There’s a Rougarou running lose on her side of the office. Tammy is all about romance and happy endings. She’s helping a sixteen-year-old cope with a glitching fairy and the obnoxious boy next door. We don’t lead exciting lives, but what goes on inside our heads can be pretty fun.
Here are a few things you’ll find on our website:
- Check our our blog for updates on this crazy adventure we call … work?
- Cryptid of the Month, which comes out the middle of each month, features a new character design by Mel Ayers. These are found under the graphics tab. A new graphic will be uploaded on October 10th.
- Tammy follows up the next week with a flash fiction piece. Last month’s is called: Over the Edge. She’s working on October’s story and it features a disgruntled boy who turns a problem into opportunity.
Also Happening at BOL:
- Agent Representation. Both Mel and Tammy recently signed with the C.Y.L.E agency. Recently, he brought them an exciting opportunity. Check back for updates as they try to create something new and fun.
- Newsletter sign up. Inside each issue there will be a chapter to a serial romance sci fi novella called Catch Me If You Can. Chapter Two happens in October. If you sign up, you will be given access to earlier chapters. The newsletter also contains an article called the Creator’s Trademark that shows how we infuse elements of creation into our works. For signing up, we want to give you a free graphic. Just follow the links in the welcome letter after you register. This graphic won’t be available anywhere else.
- Giveaway. For the month of October, we’ll be giving away an autographed copy of Linda S. Godfey’s Monsters Among Us. I’ve read this, and you won’t find a better book to read during the month of October. Register by signing up for the newsletter now thru October 16th. One random winner will be drawn on October 17th and be notified by email then announced in the October Newsletter.
- Novella–No Longer Alone (Tammy is almost finished with first round edits. The largest and most grueling of all edits).
- Because of a new project, Tammy will be starting the 4th Belied Outcast Novel the first of November. She’s trying to decided if she should participate in NaNoWriMo. If you would like to read about our first three novels, you can find details in the newsletter.
- Mel finished the first round of drawing on one of the comic books and is now adding color. She designed her first book cover for Catch Me If You Can. You can view it in the newsletter.
That’s it for now. Thank you so much for stopping by. We hope you’ll join us on our blog and check back often for updates.
T. S. Mart and Mel
“There are no secrets to success. It is a result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.” –Colin Powell